Mojang is a Microsoft-owned game developer studio based in Stockholm, Sweden. We are best known as the creators of Minecraft, and are currently working on several new games, a movie, a board game, and lots more – all within the Minecraft franchise.
At Mojang, we create games, products and services to inspire creativity. We develop games with a strong community focus and put players first in everything we do. Our games are built for everyone, because we believe in demonstrating equality and not just talking about it.
Mojang Studios are looking for a Quality Assessment Manager who wants to make a big impact on the quality of the titles we are developing, including our flagship title Minecraft, as well as in-development titles like Minecraft: Dungeons. As a Quality Assessment Manager, you will work side by side with our partners in Microsoft Studios Quality, our community volunteers and directly with producers, developers, designers, content creators and others to create incredible entertainment experiences.
This means you’ll need to help build a strategy that ensures we’ve covered each feature thoroughly and give confidence that it’s ready to be played. To tell our quality story you will leverage a variety of tools and techniques, including automation, internal and external data sources, gameplay telemetry, betas, playtests, player feedback, and hands on manual inspection and exploration. As the voice of quality, you'll need to effectively communicate the quality of the feature or title to key stakeholders across multiple teams.
As a Quality Assessment Manager at Mojang, you will be responsible for:
- Define the testing strategy for feature work developed in Stockholm, and align with the overall Microsoft Studios Quality strategy
- Build and maintain relationships with the Microsoft Studios Quality team
- Lead and mentor a team of QA Specialists with all the responsibilities that entail, including coaching and development goals
- Be the advocate of quality for all the studio’s games and maintain a good knowledge of our game portfolio.
- Work on a higher level with the studio’s development teams with focus on quality
- Identifying key talent for the QA organization
- Prioritize bug backlogs for both priority and severity for your team.
- Providing feedback to production about the general state of quality in the games
- Always be the voice of the entire QA organization’s priorities toward the studio’s teams
- Strong management and collaboration skills
- Strong knowledge of a software project’s lifecycle
- The ability to succinctly assess risks in quality issues of all types on an issue tracker
- The ability to support your team with reliable reproduction procedures for even the trickiest of bugs
- An instinct for game system interactions that may guide your QA team beyond the strict requirements of a testing request
- Experience with common bug tracking systems
- A love for games of all genres, and on all platforms
- Previous experience as a QA manager is preferable
- Previous experience with modding, game design, or other game development experience is a big plus (but by no means required)
- Previous experience in, or training for, QA is appreciated
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
Studio location: Stockholm
Employment type: Full time
To help us create amazing things, we have built an equally amazing studio space. Situated right on the water by Söder Mälarstrand, it’s filled to the brim with all the tools, toys and inspiration required to create world-class entertainment. But of course, the people of Mojang are what makes this place truly special. When you join, you’ll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals – all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us achieve it!
Mojang strives to be a diverse and inclusive studio and if you think this job sounds like your passion, you are more than welcome to apply, no matter who you are or where you are from.