Producer, Minecraft Launcher
At Mojang, we create games, products and services to inspire creativity. We develop games with a strong community focus and put players first in everything we do. Our games are built for everyone, because we believe in demonstrating equality and not just talking about it.
As Mojang’s portfolio of games expands beyond our flagship title Minecraft, the products and services required by our games grow as well. One of these products is the Minecraft launcher. The vision for our Minecraft launcher is to create one destination for our desktop players to access the Minecraft universe. For many desktop players, our Launcher is the first interaction they have with a Minecraft title, and as our franchise expands, it’s importance will only grow.
As Producer in the Launcher team, you’ll be in the forefront of building a world class launcher product, managing the whole production process from concept through execution. To do this you’ll work in close collaboration with many teams within our Franchise to enable your team to deliver the best product possible, on time, scope and budget.
- Drive the creation and enhancement of vision, strategy and long term roadmap for your area together with team and stakeholders.
- Coordinate and support your team and facilitate the development and delivery of creative solutions to tough Franchise challenges
- Accountability of full lifecycle (planning, scoping, budgeting, execution, testing, final delivery and evaluation)
- Continuously identify areas for improvement, and execute on these improvements
- 4+ years working experience in similar roles in gaming and/or tech companies (Product Owner, Product Manager, Program Manager, Producer).
- Shipped multiple games and/or services
- Great knowledge with project management tools, processes and industry best practises.
- Confident in speaking and writing in English, including production lingo, to technical details and business terms.
To succeed in this role we believe that you’re a highly organized team player and problem solver since you’ll manage and coordinate internal and external dependencies on technology, design and art. You’re thorough and analytical, confident and able to say no, as you’ll be accountable for identifying risks, suggest mitigation plans and take action before risks become issues. This also requires you to have great communication skills as you’ll act as the first point of contact for your team during the whole production process. Further on, you have a positive attitude, high level of integrity and a willingness to go the extra mile!
Studio location: Stockholm
Reports to: Chief Product Officer
Employment type: Fulltime
Mojang is a Microsoft-owned game developer studio based in Stockholm, Sweden. We are best known as the creators of Minecraft, and are currently working on several new games, a movie, a board game, and lots more – all within the Minecraft franchise.
To help us create amazing things, we have built an equally amazing studio space. Situated right on the water by Söder Mälarstrand, it’s filled to the brim with all the tools, toys and inspiration required to create world-class entertainment. But of course, the people of Mojang are what makes this place truly special. When you join, you’ll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals – all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us achieve it!
Mojang strives to be a diverse and inclusive studio and if you think this job sounds like your passion, you are more than welcome to apply, no matter who you are or where you are from.