At Mojang we create games, products and services to inspire creativity. We develop games with a strong community focus and put players first in everything we do. Our games are built for everyone, because we believe in demonstrating equality and not just talking about it.
Mojang is looking for a Build Engineer to join our build team at our Stockholm Studio. As a Build Engineer you will be responsible for creating, maintaining and improving our build systems and development tools, as well as helping us work on the right things and provide guidance for our developers. You will work close with our build engineers in both Stockholm, Redmond and Texas on a day to day basis, as well as maintaining contact with our entire platform team in Redmond. You will also be a major stakeholder for projects developed in our Stockholm Studio in terms of continuous integration and continuous delivery.
This is a great opportunity to learn more about our platforms, development and have a great impact on the cool things Mojang are working on.
You will, for example
- Coordinate workflows and be a voice of change when needed.
- Leverage a variety of tools and technology to improve our build processes and pipelines.
- Facilitate troubleshooting of build errors toward our developers by solving them or provide guidance to our developers on how they can be mitigated.
- Maintain and improve tools while adapting to new technologies and think of ways to implement them in our pipelines and infrastructure.
- High level proficiency in C++
- Experience with build automation tools (e.g. Gradle, Maven, Ant)
- Azure or Amazon cloud experience
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (Ado, TeamCity or Jenkins)
- Strong knowledge with the source control system Git
- Ability to work on-site
- Desirable if you have Game development experience
To succeed in this role we believe that you are collaborative and communicative, since you will be working cross-functionally with many different teams at Mojang. Since we will rely on you in improving our build system and tools, you are confident and able to speak your mind when things need to change. Further on, you naturally take a holistic view on problem solving and are adaptable to unexpected changes and challenges.
Studio location: Stockholm
Reports to: IT manager
Employment type: Fulltime
Mojang is a Microsoft-owned game developer studio based in Stockholm, Sweden. We are best known as the creators of Minecraft, and are currently working on several new games, a movie, a board game, and lots more – all within the Minecraft franchise.
To help us create amazing things, we have built an equally amazing studio space. Situated right on the water by Söder Mälarstrand, it’s filled to the brim with all the tools, toys and inspiration required to create world-class entertainment. But of course, the people of Mojang are what makes this place truly special. When you join, you’ll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals – all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us achieve it!
Mojang strives to be a diverse and inclusive studio and if you think this job sounds like your passion, you are more than welcome to apply, no matter who you are or where you are from.