Lead Producer - Consumer Products
Creative - Stockholm
At Mojang, we create games, products and services to inspire creativity. We develop games with a strong community focus and put players first in everything we do. Our games are built for everyone, because we believe in demonstrating equality and not just talking about it.
As a Lead Producer for our Consumer Products team, who work with licensing and physical products, your responsibilities, as the only producer in Consumer Products, will be to collaborate with the group of producers on other teams, while overseeing projects within Consumer Products in the Creative team. This includes supporting the team to ensure alignment on priorities, as well as collaboration with other departments and the business team in Redmond. The goal is to build and nurture collaborative relationships between the internal studio as well as bridging Stockholm and Redmond studios to ensure a “one team” mentality.
This includes, for example
- In partnership, develop a strategy & vision for the group that supports the long term business plan for Mojang Studios
- Support and execute against the vision & mission of the creative team
- Primary point of contact to respond to and answer incoming requests from various departments
- Prioritize projects, deliverables in accordance to the company priorities
- 10+ years industry experience as a Producer, Production Manager, Project Manager or equivalent
- Previous management experience with direct reports having mentored and/or developed additional team members
- Advanced scheduling, financial, budgeting and project management abilities
- Expert understanding of creative production, project processes and best practices
- Knowledge of MS Suite, Trello, Slack, Google Drive, TomsPlanner and Microsoft services (Teams, SharePoint, etc.), management and invoicing platforms & tools
- Visionary on both micro and macro level, able to see and plan for short and long term
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
To succeed in this role we believe that you can lead by example and have great interpersonal skills. You’re communicative, with an ability to interact, work and relate effectively with others. You’ve a collaborative mindset, are adaptable and flexible to the needs of the team and project. You understand the importance and are able to empathize with various stakeholder groups and consolidate different motives and perspectives into the project. Furthermore, you’re a natural problem solver, with an ability to leverage critical thinking to objectively evaluate scenarios and come to solutions.
Do you see yourself as committed and honest, inspiring and innovative, and are able to juggle various responsibilities? Then we would love to speak with you!
Studio location: Stockholm
Reports to: Head of Creative Production
Employment type: Full time
Mojang is a Microsoft-owned game developer studio based in Stockholm, Sweden. We are best known as the creators of Minecraft, and are currently working on several new games, a movie, a board game, and lots more – all within the Minecraft franchise.
To help us create amazing things, we have built an equally amazing studio space. Situated right on the water by Söder Mälarstrand, it’s filled to the brim with all the tools, toys and inspiration required to create world-class entertainment. But of course, the people of Mojang are what makes this place truly special. When you join, you’ll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals – all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us achieve it!
Mojang strives to be a diverse and inclusive studio and if you think this job sounds like your passion, you are more than welcome to apply, no matter who you are or where you are from.